Chilled Chocolate Souffle with Vanilla Sauce - We do believe about one quote that said: everything good if it is made of chocolate! Things are getting better with chocolate anyway, just like what happen to Bradley and Sarah, a lovely couple who work with us in our kitchen base and office. Recently they both were argue upon something and their relationship was in jeopardy. One good thing happen when suddenly Bradley went out for some minutes and going back wearing an apron and start making one delicious Chilled Chocolate Souffle with Vanilla Sauce which is later given to Sarah to make up. Well, we guess that chocolate is one best way to say sorry effectively more than any words we can say. And yes, we are glad to share how Bradley make that cold chocolate soufflé.
You will need:
For the souffle:
115 g (4 oz) dark chocolate
4 tsp instant coffee
2 tbsp water
4 leaves of gelatine
150 ml (5 tl.oz) whipping cream
3 egg whites
Pinch of salt
For the sauce:
300 ml (10 tl.oz) milk
2 egg yolks
30 g (1 oz) caster sugarA few drops of vanilla essence
How to make the souffle
- Grate the dark chocolate and combine the instant coffee, water and gelatine leaves (soaked in cold water) over a bowl of hot water until the chocolate melts and the sauce is smooth.
- Beat the cream until it peaks and fold into the mixture.
- Beat the egg whites in a clean bowl with a pinch of salt until they are firm. Gently fold into the chocolate mixture.
- Line the outside of four souffle moulds with a band of silicone paper, approximately 31/2 cm (1 ½ in.) above the edge of the mould. Hold in place with an elastic band.
- Spoon the mixture into the moulds so that it is approximately 2 ½ cm (1 in.) above the top of the mould. Chill until set. To serve, remove the paper and dust the tops with a little icing sugar.
How to make the sauce
- Heat the milk. Beat the sugar and egg yolks until white.
- Pour on the hot milk and whisk.
- Return to the pan and heat until the mixture coats the back of a spoon. Strain and add the vanilla. Do not allow to boil. Pour as desired over the souffle.