This is how to make lemon mousse recipe, you will need:
Zest of 2 lemons, shredded very finely
240 g (8 ½ oz) caster sugar
140 g (5 oz) pasteurised egg
15 g (½ oz) gelatine (leaf if possible)
Juice of 2 lemons
300 ml (10 tl.oz) whipping cream
15 g (½ oz) chopped pistachios or green rubbed almonds
How To Make Lemon Mousse
- Boil the shredded lemon zest in a little water and 15 g (½ oz) of sugar until soft. Allow to cool.
- Whisk the pasteurised eggs with the rest of the sugar until thick and white. Melt the gelatine in the lemon juice over heat.
- Beat the cream until thick, but not to piping consistency. Pour the melted gelatine into the egg mixture and combine, then fold in approximately half of the whipped cream.
- Carefully pour this mixture into four glasses, keeping the edges clean.
- Beat the remaining cream until stiff and pipe a bulb on the top of each mousse. When set, decorate with the lemon zest and pistachio nuts.