This place is great district with its lake view and serene neighborhood situated in the North West side of the UK. It is basically a countryside county, but you should not get tricked! This place has the finest pudding cake that you cannot find in the whole Europe. One nice day there, we got served with this Creole Rice with Glazed Apricots Pudding, and like what we always do! We go to their kitchen to see how to make it.
You will need:
900 ml (1 ½ pt) milk
90 g (3 oz) Carolina or short grain rice
30 g (1 oz) butter
90 g (3 oz) caster sugar
10 slices tinned pineapple
10 tinned apricots
60 g (2 oz) apricot jam
How To Make Creole Rice with Glazed Apricots Pudding
- Preheat the oven to 175°C / 350°F / gas mark 4. Boil the milk in a saucepan and sprinkle in the rice. Bring back to the boil and simmer gently.
- Add the butter and half the sugar: When the rice is nearly cooked, remove from the heat.
- Whisk the eggs with the remaining sugar: When the rice has cooled slightly, whisk in the beaten eggs.
- Line the sides of a buttered ovenproof dish with pineapple slices and pour in the rice mixture.
- Cook in a tray filled with water in the preheated oven for approximately 30 minutes or until the rice is set.
- Arrange the apricot halves in the rice and glaze with hot apricot jam boiled with a little apricot juice. Best served warm.