This one fruit has its nice benefits to our body since it has many good substances within including the beta-carotene who works most to give antioxidants that will have function as the shield for our body to avoid free radicals and bad stuff. Coincidentally, we just really want to make a fruit dessert with the pear fruit as its main ingredient. By a little bit help from Nina, we have created this one healthy dessert we named Poached Pears with Hot Chocolate Sauce and Almonds.
How To Make Poached Pears with Hot Chocolate Sauce and AlmondsYou will need:
For the pears:
4 firm cooking pears with stalks
Juice of one lemon
570 ml (1 pt) water
300 g (10 ½ oz) sugar
1 bay leaf
Half a cinnamon stick
15 g (½ oz) flaked almonds, toasted
For the chocolate sauce:
250 ml (9 fl.oz) water
240 g (8 ½ oz) caster sugar
140 g (5 oz) plain chocolate
45 g (1 ½ oz) cocoa powder
I 5 g (½ oz) cornflour
150 ml (5 fl.oz) single cream
How to make:
- Peel the pears and leave the stalk in place. Use a melon baller to remove the core from the base and level off with a knife so the pear will stand. Brush with lemon juice.
- Make a syrup from the water; sugar; bay leaf, cloves and cinnamon stick. Boil and allow to simmer for 2- 3 minutes.
- Add the peeled pears and the lemon juice. Cover the pears with foil and allow to simmer gently until the pears are just cooked (approximately 15-20 minutes). Test with the point of a knife and leave in the syrup to cool.
How to make the sauce
- Place the water; half the sugar and the chocolate in a saucepan. Bring slowly to the boil.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the cocoa powder; remaining sugar; cornflour and cream together to form a smooth cream. Pour some of the boiling mixture onto this and mix together.
- Pour this mixture back into the chocolate in the pan and whisk until the sauce boils and thickens.
- Spoon the chocolate sauce over the pears. Serve with ice cream and scatter with toasted almonds.